Solving environment issue

Help! I keep encountering the same problem

(base) C:\Users\myname>conda activate metaphlan-3.0 && conda install -c bioconda metaphlan
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.

I have already tried creating my own environment. I have also tried pip as well but I still go back to the same problem.

Thank you!

Putting the same response here as the other page in case folks find their way here:

Heya @sasakitomiyano,

mamba is a drop-in replacement for conda that is virtually always much faster and more likely to succeed at things installs

I’d try this in the base conda environment:

conda install -n base -c conda-forge mamba

then the environment creation with mamba like so:

mamba create -y -n metaphlan -c conda-forge -c bioconda -c defaults python=3.7 metaphlan

This works for me in less than a minute on both mac and ubuntu that i just tested

then you’d still activate and deactivate with conda

conda activate metaphlan

conda deactivate

hopefully that helps, i put mamba on immediately on any system i use conda :+1:

1 Like

also, it looks like you are in a windows prompt in this post, in the other one, on your second comment, it looks like you’re in the WSL environment. Be sure you’re in the WSL environment, and in there you should have installed a linux version of conda (there are all sorts of reasons things might not work in the windows environment with a windows conda). There are example steps installing miniconda through the terminal here if helpful