Humann_infer_taxonomy not recognizing utility_mapping folder

Hello HUMAnN3 team,

I recently encountered an issue with the humann_infer_taxonomy function and I was not able to find similar posts in the forum. When I ran humann_infer_taxonomy -h, I received the following error: This tool requires the HUMAnN utility data files. To add these to your installation, please execute: $ humann_databases --download utility_mapping full $DIR Replacing, $DIR with the directory to install the databases.

Here is my humann configuration file and I am using humann3 v3.0.0.alpha.3 on a computing cluster.

HUMAnN Configuration ( Section : Name = Value ) database_folders : nucleotide = /projects/pxxxxx/chocophlan database_folders : protein = /projects/pxxxxx/uniref database_folders : utility_mapping = /projects/pxxxxx/utility_mapping run_modes : resume = False run_modes : verbose = False run_modes : bypass_prescreen = False run_modes : bypass_nucleotide_index = False run_modes : bypass_nucleotide_search = False run_modes : bypass_translated_search = False run_modes : threads = 1 alignment_settings : evalue_threshold = 1.0 alignment_settings : prescreen_threshold = 0.01 alignment_settings : translated_subject_coverage_threshold = 50.0 alignment_settings : translated_query_coverage_threshold = 90.0 alignment_settings : nucleotide_subject_coverage_threshold = 50.0 alignment_settings : nucleotide_query_coverage_threshold = 90.0 output_format : output_max_decimals = 10 output_format : remove_stratified_output = False output_format : remove_column_description_output = False

My utility folder (/projects/pxxxxx/utility_mapping) contains several gz files including map_ec_name.txt.gz
map_go_uniref50.txt.gz
map_level4ec_uniref50.txt.gz
map_uniref50_name.txt.bz2
map_eggnog_name.txt.gz
map_go_uniref90.txt.gz
map_level4ec_uniref90.txt.gz
map_uniref50_uniref90.txt.gz
map_eggnog_uniref50.txt.gz
map_ko_name.txt.gz
map_pfam_name.txt.gz
map_uniref90_name.txt.bz2
map_eggnog_uniref90.txt.gz
map_ko_uniref50.txt.gz
map_pfam_uniref50.txt.gz
uniref50-tol-lca.dat.bz2
map_go_name.txt.gz
map_ko_uniref90.txt.gz
map_pfam_uniref90.txt.gz
uniref90-tol-lca.dat.bz2

It seems like that I did successfully downloaded the database and updated the configuration file but humann_infer_taxonomy does not recognize the path. Am I missing something important? Thank you so much for your help!

I believe this tool is still not implemented yet for humann3. I received an answer on this in this subject earlier in November in this biobakery message thread.

Hello! Thanks a lot for sharing the post! I came across the thread but was confused by the error message I received. Problem solved! Thank you

And just to follow up here - the updates to infer_taxonomy will be made in the next HUMAnN v3 release. This (along with a few improves) will require folks to update their utility mapping databases, so we wanted to coordinate the change to avoid folks having to update the databases multiple times.

Hi, just curious if there are updates to this? Thanks.