Human_test failed with Minpath and Xipe off

Hi,

I have encountered some difficulties when installing the latest HUMAnN3 through Conda (humann3 – The Huttenhower Lab), can I get some help solving it? Thank you in advance.

It looks like Minpath and Xipe were not properly installed. If so, how can I manually add the package to the installation? If not, how could this problem be solved?

The detailed code I used for installation and the error msgs are shown below:

code:
(base) [sl24a@ghpcc06 ~]$ bsub -Is -q interactive -app RHEL7 -R rusage[mem=4096] -W 4:00 /bin/bash
Singularity> module load glibc/2.23
Singularity> module load glpk/4.65
Singularity> cp /share/pkg/condas/2018-05-11/condarc_example ~/.condarc
Singularity> conda create --name human python=3.7
Singularity> conda activate human
(human) Singularity> conda config --add channels defaults
(human) Singularity> conda config --add channels bioconda
(human) Singularity> conda config --add channels conda-forge
(human) Singularity> conda config --add channels biobakery
(human) Singularity> conda install humann -c biobakery
Singularity> humann_test

Error message returned from human_test:

======================================================================
ERROR: test_pathways_abundance_with_names (advanced_tests_quantify_modules.TestHumannQuantifyModulesFunctions)
Test the pathways abundance computation (xipe and minpath are off)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/sl24a/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/humann/tests/advanced_tests_quantify_modules.py”, line 634, in test_pathways_abundance_with_names
reactions_database=store.ReactionsDatabase(config.pathways_database_part1)
File “/home/sl24a/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/humann/store.py”, line 890, in init
readlines = [line.decode(‘utf-8’) for line in file_handle.readlines()]
File “/share/pkg/condas/2018-05-11/envs/python3.8/lib/python3.8/bz2.py”, line 234, in readlines
return self._buffer.readlines(size)
File “/share/pkg/condas/2018-05-11/envs/python3.8/lib/python3.8/_compression.py”, line 68, in readinto
data = self.read(len(byte_view))
File “/share/pkg/condas/2018-05-11/envs/python3.8/lib/python3.8/_compression.py”, line 99, in read
raise EOFError("Compressed file ended before the "
EOFError: Compressed file ended before the end-of-stream marker was reached

======================================================================
ERROR: test_pathways_coverage_with_names (advanced_tests_quantify_modules.TestHumannQuantifyModulesFunctions)
Test the pathways coverage computation (xipe and minpath are off)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/sl24a/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/humann/tests/advanced_tests_quantify_modules.py”, line 580, in test_pathways_coverage_with_names
reactions_database=store.ReactionsDatabase(config.pathways_database_part1)
File “/home/sl24a/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/humann/store.py”, line 890, in init
readlines = [line.decode(‘utf-8’) for line in file_handle.readlines()]
File “/share/pkg/condas/2018-05-11/envs/python3.8/lib/python3.8/bz2.py”, line 234, in readlines
return self._buffer.readlines(size)
File “/share/pkg/condas/2018-05-11/envs/python3.8/lib/python3.8/_compression.py”, line 68, in readinto
data = self.read(len(byte_view))
File “/share/pkg/condas/2018-05-11/envs/python3.8/lib/python3.8/_compression.py”, line 99, in read
raise EOFError("Compressed file ended before the "
EOFError: Compressed file ended before the end-of-stream marker was reached

Ran 186 tests in 9.940s

FAILED (errors=2)

Hello, Thank you for the detailed post. It looks like there might have been an issue during your install. It looks like the pathways databases we downloaded in part. Can you try installing again and see if any errors are generated during the install?

Thank you,
Lauren

Thank you Lauren, I managed to install the software from source.