How to install the pypi version of LEfSe

Hello, I have some difficulties in using LEfSe, looking forward to your guidance.

I found some problems with the Galaxy version of LEfSe and asked about it on this website(The way microorganisms are named affect the final results of lefse), and Meg gave me answers, saying that the pypi version of LEfSe fixes the previous problems.

But I have difficulty installing pypi version of LEfSe on lefse · PyPI. Should I download the lefse-1.1.2-py3-none-any.whl? And what is the difference between the lefse-1.1.2-py3-none-any.whl and the LEfSe installed on linux by “conda install -c biobakery lefse” or “conda install -c bioconda lefse”? Which of the three LEfSe installation methods is the pypi version that Meg says solves the previous problem?

And if lefse-1.1.2-py3-none-any.whl is the pypi version of LEfSe, how can I install it on my ubuntu? I downloaded the lefse-1.1.2-py3-none-any.whl and tried “pip install lefse-1.1.2-py3-none-any.whl” in my ubuntu, but I got an error, “ERROR: Could not build wheels for biom-format which use PEP 517 and cannot be installed directly”. My environment of ubuntu is python 3.10.6 and R 4.2.2. I would like to know how to install lefse-1.1.2-py3-none-any.whl. In particular, how do I configure the environment to successfully install it?

Thank you very much!

Linking to my response here: The way microorganisms are named affect the final results of lefse - #7 by mishort