Humann3 cannot find temporary diamond file

Hello,

I’m running:

% humann --version
humann v3.7

and I get an error that there’s a missing temp file (though there are other temp files in the indicated directory) when running on one of the examples:

% humann --input examples/demo.fasta.gz --output examples/output

Output files will be written to: /home/higleyadmin/humann_source/humann-master/examples/output
Decompressing gzipped file …

Running metaphlan …

Found t__SGB1815 : 57.46% of mapped reads ( s__Bacteroides_dorei,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_3_1_33FAA,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AF25_18,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AF17_1,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AF39_10AT,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_9_1_42FAA,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AM28_6,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AM18_9,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AM23_18,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AF16_29 )
Found t__SGB1814 : 42.54% of mapped reads ( s__Bacteroides_vulgatus,g__Phocaeicola.s__Phocaeicola_dorei,g__Phocaeicola.s__Phocaeicola_vulgatus,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AM27_13,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_NMBE5,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_3_1_40A,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AM26_11,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_AF32_15BH,g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_sp_4_3_47FAA )

Total species selected from prescreen: 21

Selected species explain 100.00% of predicted community composition

Creating custom ChocoPhlAn database …

Running bowtie2-build …

Running bowtie2 …

Total bugs from nucleotide alignment: 2
g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_dorei: 1259 hits
g__Bacteroides.s__Bacteroides_vulgatus: 1289 hits

Total gene families from nucleotide alignment: 553

Unaligned reads after nucleotide alignment: 87.8666666667 %

Running diamond …

Aligning to reference database: uniref90_demo_prots_v201901b.dmnd

CRITICAL ERROR: Can not find file /home/higleyadmin/humann_source/humann-master/examples/output/demo_humann_temp/tmpvi0rtoj5/diamond_m8_jkg95ge_

Daniel

Are you able to run diamond outside of HUMAnN on your system?

I fixed the problem by installing an earlier version of Diamond.

Could you clarify which version you had installed / transition to? Please note that one of the earlier versions of diamond we were using had a critical error that was limiting translated search.