Error in trimmomatic while running kneaddata

Hi all
I successfully installed kneaddata
but while running the command got this error
kneaddata –input1 /media/sf_Shared_folder/ovas/Final/81_R1.fastq --input2 /media/sf_Shared_folder/ovas/Final/81_R2.fastq --reference-db /home/qiime2/ref_dtabase/ --output kneaddata_81 --trimmomatic /home/qiime2/Trimmomatic-0.33
Reformatting file sequence identifiers …

Reformatting file sequence identifiers …

Reordering read identifiers …

Initial number of reads ( /home/qiime2/kneaddata_81/reordered_qhik9bbx_reformatted_identifierse3uxy95f_81_R1 ): 22625162.0
Initial number of reads ( /home/qiime2/kneaddata_81/reordered_enctz3x3_reformatted_identifiersd8ic66o3_81_R2 ): 22625162.0
Running Trimmomatic …
CRITICAL ERROR: Error executing: java -Xmx500m -jar /home/qiime2/Trimmomatic-0.33/trimmomatic-0.33.jar PE -threads 1 -phred33 /home/qiime2/kneaddata_81/reordered_qhik9bbx_reformatted_identifierse3uxy95f_81_R1 /home/qiime2/kneaddata_81/reordered_enctz3x3_reformatted_identifiersd8ic66o3_81_R2 /home/qiime2/kneaddata_81/81_R1_kneaddata.trimmed.1.fastq /home/qiime2/kneaddata_81/81_R1_kneaddata.trimmed.single.1.fastq /home/qiime2/kneaddata_81/81_R1_kneaddata.trimmed.2.fastq /home/qiime2/kneaddata_81/81_R1_kneaddata.trimmed.single.2.fastq MINLEN:60 ILLUMINACLIP:/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/kneaddata/lib/python3.8/site-packages/kneaddata/adapters/NexteraPE-PE.fa:2:30:10:8:TRUE SLIDINGWINDOW:4:20 MINLEN:75

Error message returned from Trimmomatic :
<JAVA_HOME>/lib/ext exists, extensions mechanism no longer supported; Use -classpath instead.
.Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
kindly suggest further

Hello @mallamuneer , Thank you for including the detailed error message. Have you tried updating to a newer version of trimmomatic (v.40 looks to be the latest)? I think the error might possibly be if the trimmomatic version (v.33) is not compatible with the version of java you have installed.

Thank you,
Lauren

Hi again
No, the error is a real unique one.
I am stuck in it.
The same commands runs successfully in laptop and gives error in desktop. But I am bound to run it in desktop owing to memory related issues with my personal laptop.

Moreover I was not trying to other way by installing biobakery_workflows, as you are also helping me out there.
Please suggest am I guessing it right to go through biobakery_workflow??
Please suggest and guide
Regards

Hi again
Can you please guide regarding the above
Thanks