Hclust2.py error when generating heatmap

Hi,

I have two projects that I used metaphlan to analyze and merge the abundance tables. Strangely, with one project, I do get the .png file showing heatmap. However, for the second project, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/gencore/anaconda3/envs/mpa/bin/hclust2.py”, line 825, in
hclust2_main()
File “/home/gencore/anaconda3/envs/mpa/bin/hclust2.py”, line 803, in hclust2_main
cl.shcluster()
File “/home/gencore/anaconda3/envs/mpa/bin/hclust2.py”, line 380, in shcluster
self.shclusters = sph.linkage(self.s_dm, method=self.args.slinkage)
File “/home/gencore/anaconda3/envs/mpa/lib/python3.7/site-packages/scipy/cluster/hierarchy.py”, line 1057, in linkage
raise ValueError("The condensed distance matrix must contain only "
ValueError: The condensed distance matrix must contain only finite values.

Not sure why it works for the one but not for the other even though I generated abundance tables exactly with the same method and even at the same time.

Please help in solving this issue. Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

Can you post the exact command line you used for running hclust2?

Dear fbeghini,

I had one file with zero count, therefore, I was getting this error. After excluding that file, I was able to generate heatmap. Thank you for your time.

Hi,
I am using the biobakery (Installed with the Basic Usage guide) for the first time, and following the metaphlan3 tutorial. However, on trying to create heatmap with hclust2 with the following code;

hclust2 -i merged_abundance_table_species.txt -o abundance_heatmap_species.png --f_dist_f braycurtis --s_dist_f braycurtis --cell_aspect_ratio 0.5 -l --flabel_size 10 --slabel_size 10 --max_flabel_len 100 --max_slabel_len 100 --minv 0.1 --dpi 300

I got the following error;

File “/usr/local/bin/hclust2”, line 11, in
sys.exit(hclust2_main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/hclust2.py”, line 788, in hclust2_main
distm.compute_s_dists()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/hclust2.py”, line 277, in compute_s_dists
if args.load_pickled_dist_matrix_s:
NameError: name ‘args’ is not defined

I then skipped the above step, and went to create a cladogram with GraPhLAn.
I ran the following code;

export2graphlan.py --skip_rows 1 -i merged_abundance_table_reformatted.txt --tree merged_abundance.tree.txt --annotation merged_abundance.annot.txt --most_abundant 100 --abundance_threshold 1 --least_biomarkers 10 --annotations 5,6 --external_annotations 7 --min_clade_size 1

And got the following error;

File “/usr/local/bin/export2graphlan.py”, line 11, in
from hclust2 import DataMatrix
ImportError: No module named hclust2

Please, how do I go about resolving this?

Thank you

1 Like