I have an inquiry concerning the results of Maaslin2. I have split the metadata into categories to be able to correlate the BMI with the different taxonomic levels.
this is my command for Maaslin2:
fit_data_L7_GenderGEOGROUPAGE_8_nomaxsig<- Maaslin2( Metadata_combinations2_L7_MaAslin_R_Taxonomy[,-1], Metadata_combinations2_L7_GenderGEOGROUPAGE_Maaslin_male_ismailia_nonobese_morethan5_vs_male_ismailia_obese_morethan5[,-1], output = ‘demo_output_L7_GenderGEOGROUPAGE_8_nomaxsig’)
I have attached my input files and the significant results:
However, when I started a spearman correlation analysis, I have got completely opposite results; example
As per Maaslin2, Cyanobacteria gives the coeef. -5.2 in the male obese population.
As I understand, this means it exists in higher abundance in the non-obese male population. (Correct me if I am mistaken please)
However, as per spearman correlation analysis, Cyanobacteria is negatively correlated with BMI giving me a value of -0.41
this is my command for spearman correlation:
corr_L7_BMI ← cor(Metadata_combinations2_L7_Taxonomy_plus_BMIVALUE_AGE_transposed, method = “spearman”)
corr_L7_BMI_df ← as.data.frame(corr_L7_BMI)
corr_L7_BMI_pval ← cor_pmat(corr_L7_BMI_df), knowing that my input file for the correlation looks like the attached file below:
N.B: all of the results generated from Maaslin2 and spearman correlation are the opposite.